[affs-project] AFFS Website!

Adam Bower adam at thebowery.co.uk
Thu Jun 30 16:34:18 BST 2005

On Thu, Jun 30, 2023 at 11:37:41AM +0100, Alex Hudson wrote:
>       * do people think a search would be a useful addition?

Well, I doubt it would be a useless addition, although I would like the
navigation arranged so that a search function doesn't have to be relied
upon.
>       * we've (AFFS/FSFE-UK people) used wikis occasionally, for example
>         http://www.affs.org.uk/~alex/HowDoWeReplaceFlash. Is this kind
>         of resource the sort of thing we should build into the main
>         website itself?

Adding a wiki would be likely to attract wikispam and have a bit of an
administrative burden (ok, i suppose having a user/pass possibly
approved by hand could help this), and what would it be used for? Having
a wiki is a great idea imho, but actually working out what for would be
more helpful.
>       * I asked ctte a little bit about having an AFFS blog; the idea
>         would be that a group of people would submit free software
>         related news to this thing. Would this be useful? Would you be

I would certainly be nice to have something a bit more uk-centric as
afaik there isn't anything out there at the moment that really covers
the uk.
Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li
AFFS || http://www.affs.org.uk/ || Not a filesystem