[affs-project] AFFS Website!

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Thu Jun 30 16:44:56 BST 2005

On Thu, 2023-06-30 at 16:34 +0100, Adam Bower wrote:
> >       * we've (AFFS/FSFE-UK people) used wikis occasionally, for example
> >         http://www.affs.org.uk/~alex/HowDoWeReplaceFlash. Is this kind
> >         of resource the sort of thing we should build into the main
> >         website itself?
>
> Adding a wiki would be likely to attract wikispam and have a bit of an
> administrative burden (ok, i suppose having a user/pass possibly
> approved by hand could help this), and what would it be used for? Having
> a wiki is a great idea imho, but actually working out what for would be
> more helpful.

Well, immediately I would see it replacing my personal wiki on AFFS -
the newsletter stuff can move, as can the various other docs (the the
Flash one). I think there is some call for this kind of function; it's
been useful for Expos.
Wikispam - dunno. Interestingly, my wiki is fairly public (well, Google
knows about it, and it's been mentioned on public lists before) and has
never seen *any* spam whatsoever. I have no doubt that if it is more
prominent it would attract more attention, and it wouldn't be great to
have a username/password combo to access it. Fundamentally, of course,
there's nothing you can really do about it though :/
Cheers,
Alex.