[affs-project] AFFS Website!

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Thu Jun 30 11:37:41 BST 2005

Hi guys.
There's a fair few bits of content we need to update on our website, and
a fair few bits we need to add. Looking at the website afresh, I've
realised that it's not structured terribly well at all and I want to
restructure it. While I'm doing this, I'd like to get others opinions on
what is wrong with it.
The immediate problem I'm trying to solve is the unintuitive navigation
and the difficulty finding things that you're looking for. There are
probably other issues with the site though. In particular,
      * do people think a search would be a useful addition?
      * we've (AFFS/FSFE-UK people) used wikis occasionally, for example
        http://www.affs.org.uk/~alex/HowDoWeReplaceFlash. Is this kind
        of resource the sort of thing we should build into the main
        website itself?
      * I asked ctte a little bit about having an AFFS blog; the idea
        would be that a group of people would submit free software
        related news to this thing. Would this be useful? Would you be
        willing to contribute to it? (a separate idea might be some kind
        of planet, but I'm initially thinking about free software-news
        only, not an aggregate of the thoughts of free software people,
        if you see what I mean ;)
If anyone has any good criticism about the site, good ideas for what it
could do, and/or wants to help out refitting it, speak up :)
Cheers,
Alex.