[affs-project] wiki?

Adam Bower adam at thebowery.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 00:48:55 BST 2005

On Sun, Aug 14, 2023 at 10:45:34PM +0100, graham wrote:

> How hard would it be to add a wiki to the affs site and make it
> writeable by members? One of the advantages of real-world membership of
> an organisation is that we already know who should be allowed to write
> to such a thing...

Pretty much trivial to add a wiki to the site. Although depending on the
amount of wiki trashing/spamming that goes on I would think that we
would want to give some thought to how we could protect it which could
mean either some kind of restrictions or some decent versioning so we
could roll back pages easily.
> AFAIK the wikis currently run on the machine are all personal, so it
> would be better to start a new one from scratch.

Certainly, the current wikis have been used in the past to organise
events like expos and do things like the newsletter. Having one that
members can contribute to would be very good.
> Reason: could encourage people to contribute to the affs site, which is
> hard to do now. 'Finished' pages could be moved to the public site.

Aye, and it would also mean that if we try to progress with campaigns
etc. that people could use them for communication+contribution.
Thanks
Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li
AFFS || http://www.affs.org.uk/ || Not a filesystem