[affs-project] wiki?

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 01:48:28 BST 2005

On 15/08/05, Adam Bower <adam at thebowery.co.uk> wrote:

> Pretty much trivial to add a wiki to the site. Although depending on the
> amount of wiki trashing/spamming that goes on I would think that we
> would want to give some thought to how we could protect it which could
> mean either some kind of restrictions or some decent versioning so we
> could roll back pages easily.

Don't know about other wikis but recent releases of MoinMoin have
anti-spam features built-in:
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/AntiSpamFeatures
Any wiki worth its salt will have versioning built in for a full page
history.  With regards to restrictions, the minimum worthwhile one is
allow only logged in users to edit, the natural extension of that in
this instance is to allow only AFFS members to have logins on the
wiki.  That however introduces some overhead in terms of wiki
administration.
--
Mamading Ceesay
"Someone who proposes to run Windows on servers ought to be prepared