[affs-project] [forwarded from frontdesk] Amazon "One-Click" patent reexamination request

igdm lgd igdmlgd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 14:22:34 GMT 2005

Hi I am writing to ask if you would like to help out with the request for
reexamination of the Amazon.com <http://amazon.com/>
"One-click" patent.
Why? Well you are involved in a venture that uses open-source software,
which is best used in a software-patent free environment, and this action,
if successful, would send a strong message to the owners of software
patents,
 I have mailed a request for reexamination of the Amazon "One-Click" patent
to the USPTO. All I need is the fee.
What is in it for you to help with the fee? Publicity. Potentially a lot.
You can choose when, where and if you reveal your contribution to the world,
depending on the success of the reexamination request and how it develops.
For more information, you can look at the websites below.
 You can download a copy of the request from my blog at
igdmlgd.blogspot.com  or alternatively from:
http://www.infoanarchy.org/images/amazonpatent.pdf
You can read about it at:
http://www.infoanarchy.org/section/features
http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2005/12/4/45354/8981
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20051130/1243250_F.shtml
I would be more than happy to call and discuss.
Regards
Peter