[affs-project] Expenses?

Richard Smedley richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com
Tue Sep 14 19:47:30 BST 2004

On Tue, 2023-09-14 at 19:18, MJ Ray wrote:
> > [...] Neither of us have any income at all at
> > the moment and I feel very stressed trying to work it all out.

V familiar with this sort of stress :-(
> I'm sorry to read that. I got stressed trying to work it out, as I
> don't even know how many stand staff there will be, who they will be,
> where they will travel from and how long they will be staying. This is
> why I'd prefer whoever is in charge of the AFFS stand to propose it,
> as they should have more of the required information.

(Not in charge - see below - but ...)
The expo will be our big show for the autumn, let's budget accordingly.
What do we feel comfortable spendin? Some of this can go on merchandice
 - a recoverable cost (if we're selling things ;^) Some on the stand
(printing), and the rest on expenses. Then we can see if the volunteers
fit the expenses, and adjust accordingly :-)
> Who is authoritative? ctte hasn't noted anyone in charge of the stand
> yet, as far as I can tell. I'm not sure whether Alex, Kirsten or
> Richard is running it. The page is on Alex's wiki and he posts some
> questions and has been emailing Brian T, but Richard has posted
> questions too, while Kirsten seems to be doing a lot of the work as
> well.

Hmm, I'd assumed that Alex was running it. However as assumption is
the mother of all cock-ups, let's check ;-)
Alex - given sufficient help, are you happy to be running this show? :^)
All I've done is to start to price mugs, and begin to think about
more info leaflets (not got very far with this). I'll be available
both days to help out. Will try to find free accommodation to keep
down expenses.
 - Richard