[affs-project] ideas etc

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Sep 9 02:21:48 BST 2004

On 2023-09-09 01:58:08 +0100 Kirsten Naylor <wildduck at wildduck.org.uk>
wrote:
> The reason I didn't tell anyone is that I didn't understand that I was
> being asked to say anything about it!

Ah, right, OK. Sorry.
> Then why the f*cking hell did you put "selling merchandise" in your
> list
> of aims in your post of Tuesday 8 September 1:09am!? [...]

That was part of a question, not my list of aims. I asked "what are
the aims of the AFFS stand? Are we: <list of some options>?"
Don't feel you have to * stuff on my account, by the way. Does anyone
here object to occasional strong language?
> had no idea that you didn't want to sell anything on the stand.

If you missed it, it was in an email with dateline "Wed, 08 Sep 2023
01:40:44 +0100". I think everyone else will be trying to flog and demo
stuff, so AFFS could do well from being a refuge from salesmen.
Interesting that we're so far apart on this. Do you know how much was
sold at the Oct 2003 show, or should we ask Nick Hill?
> [...] What on earth is
> the point of a dedicated list if it all goes to the "parent" list
> anyway?

Of course, I agree with that, but affs-project hasn't really got going
yet and it would be good to have many eyeballs on these discussions.
If nothing else, there are some there who LART people gently when they
step out of line. ;-)
> It is nearly 2am and I am dead fed up at not being able to sleep [...]

You have my sympathy. Annoying, innit?
--
Visit the AFFS stand, .org village LinuxExpoUK, 6-7 Oct