[Fsfe-uk] Re: [affs-project] ideas etc

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Sep 7 11:48:25 BST 2004

On 2023-09-07 09:32:46 +0100 adam at thebowery.co.uk wrote:
> [...] One other thought would be giving away copies
> of Free software, does the OpenCD project have a stand yet?

I don't know and couldn't see it on their site. I have sent a short
message. Would the OpenCD be appropriate, with the OSI logo emblazoned
on everything?
> Also can you
> explain more of what you mean for the final 2 items on the list? they
> would
> be something that would require more work than all of the above.

Researching new trends: this could be planned and structured data
collection if we have some ideas about the trends that we are
interested in; or it could be data gathering on some general topic in
the hope that we can identify some emerging trend and verify it later.
Trying to find deals: look for other people who are at the fair and
can give us things we want, maybe in exchange for something we have.
I'm not sure that they require more work at the event, but they do
need a bit more thought and planning beforehand, to avoid stumbling
into wasted effort.
I don't think we have enough resources for "all of the above" (but I'd
be happy to find that I'm wrong: for example, if we have over 30
person-days of time on offer, that should cover it), so we need to
prioritise them. If we can't do that on-list, AFFS should hold a real
or virtual meeting of interested people.
--
Please email about: BT alternative for line rental+DSL;
Education on SMEs+EU FP6; office filing that works fast