[affs-project] Grant idea - tradeshow

Stuart Yeates stuart.yeates at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 16 10:50:54 GMT 2006

At the end of last week I helped staff the Moodle[1] stand at BETT
(British Educational Technology Tradeshow)[2]. Despite Moodlers
winning three awards[3] from BECTA (British Educational
Communications and Technology Agency)[4] we really struggled to
scrape together funding for a stand.
The had conference freebies (TheOpenCD, Knoppix, etc), we had people
roostered to staff the stand, we had transport, we had
communications, but buying the stand was hard.
When we're putting together the team next year, would it be
appropriate to apply to the AFFS for a grant to cover some of the
cost of a stand? Is this an appropriate thing for the AFFS to be
funding?
cheers
stuart
[1] http://moodle.org/