[affs-project] Expenses?

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Sep 13 14:15:14 BST 2004

On 2023-09-13 12:04:30 +0100 Kirsten Naylor <wildduck at wildduck.org.uk>
wrote:
> A subject has come up that no-one I have asked so far seems to know a
> definitive answer to, and that is, can the people travelling to and
> staying over in London claim any expenses, and if so, what precisely.
> Swift
> answers appreciated, as I am costing this trip out at the moment.

Here's my definitive answer.
<hat class="treasurer">
I'm in favour of offering expenses, but I want someone in charge of
the expo stand to tell us how much to budget for it so that I'm not
effectively signing a blank cheque by saying "yes, we'll pay expenses"
and having someone turn up in a gold-plated limo. Later, I need to
know who will claim expenses so I'm not sending money out to random
people.
Last October's expo expenses averaged at just under 50 quid per person
per day, but everyone said they'd pay their own, so that's only an
estimate. No-one collected the data in April and I didn't pay any
expense claims. If there is a committee meeting at the same time,
committee can claim standard-class rail or AA-calculated medium car
travel expenses seperately, if they wish, as previously agreed.
</hat>
I think that's probably not quite what you wanted, but I hope it tells
you how to get the answer you want.
--
  Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
http://www.thewalks.co.uk stand 13,Lynn Carnival,12 Sep