[affs-project] ideas etc

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Sep 8 01:40:44 BST 2004

On 2023-09-07 16:20:25 +0100 Kirsten Naylor <wildduck at wildduck.org.uk>
wrote:
> Such as the number of people using mozilla or firefox versus the
> number
> of people using proprietary browsers?  OK, not a *new* trend, but
> still
> an interesting trend.  And it makes a pretty graph to put on an
> information sheet.

That's a possibility, but whether it can be done depends on what
resources we want to spend on it. So far, Alex has wanted to increase
member signups, but I'm not sure if that's what he thinks the main job
of the stand is. Adam and Kirsty have sat on the fence, and I think
that's everyone who posted so far.
At the moment, I think the main job should be distributing information
and the stand should also make special effort to sign up members. If
there is any time spare, establishing new contacts, seeking press
coverage and researching trends would be good standbys. I think enough
feedback will happen without seeking it, based on past experience.
AFFS doesn't particularly need to sell stuff yet and probably many
people at the fair will be doing that, so not doing it could
differentiate us. Similarly demonstrating. I can't think of what AFFS
wants, so I can't suggest types of deal to search for.
I am open to persuasion, but that's my current view.
> [...] Some irc-based discussion would be
> useful, more so than list-based. [...]

I'm not very keen on using that #affs IRC at random any more, but if
there's a proper meeting there, I'll do my best to attend and
contribute.
--
Visit the AFFS stand, .org village LinuxExpoUK, 6-7 Oct